Saturday, September 6, 2008

Finding Out More About the Jarrells

So Mom's been great the past week or so sending me information about the Jarrell family. Apparently she corresponded with quite a few of the Jarrells during the early 1980s and asked a lot of questions in advance. It's pretty amazing really, considering my dad apparently wasn't interested in his family history at all. I'm sure she feels that it was all worthwhile now though, since I'm interested in everything she discovered. Hopefully Jill and I can get our kids interested one day too.

Mom corresponded with a Marvin Jarrell Pearce from Plano, Texas during that time and he forwarded information on how his family line tied in with ours. Very interesting stuff.

Among some of the records that my mom has sent are the following photos of William Calvin Jarrell (1870-1938) who was my great-great grandfather who lived in Tennessee.



We've actually gotten back four generations of Jarrells prior to this, all the way back to Joshua Jarrell (1750-1807), but I don't have photos for him and his wife...yet...

1 comment:

Lisa K. Jarrell said...

Hi Mark,
Thank you for sharing the credits. I love sharing my information with you and passing it on. ;-) It looks great on your and Jill's website.
Love, Mom ;-)