Saturday, August 30, 2008

Trip to Fort Collins? No.

So I was thinking yesterday evening that I might plan a quick trip up to Fort Collins, CO today in order to find out info about some relatives. My mom and I had been looking at the death certificate for Margaret Miller/Richert who died in 1918. She was my great great great grandmother. Anyway, she had a daughter who had married a George Ruff and lived in Fort Collins. I was wondering if her family had stayed here in Colorado, so maybe if I went up there, I could find her grave, maybe figure out if her grandkids, etc. were still there.

So Mom and I searched around a bit and it looks like they were there in Fort Collins around 1920, but then later moved to Montana by the time the 1930 census rolled around. We eventually found them both on findagrave.com in the cemetery nearby where they had moved to, in Laurel, Montana.



No comments: